Invisalign Teen is designed to help teenagers maintain their self-esteem and self-confidence and accommodate their active lifestyles while addressing their orthodontic needs without metal braces. Developed in collaboration with leading orthodontists who understand the treatment demands of teenagers, Invisalign Teen braces combines the benefits of the Invisalign system with new features, such as a Blue Dot Wear Indicator that fades when the aligner becomes worn and is ready to be changed; Eruption Tabs to accommodate the growth of second molars; and other features to address clinical needs common to teens. Aligners are removable and virtually invisible, which means you can straighten your teeth without anyone knowing. You can still eat and drink what you want. Also, you can brush and floss normally to maintain healthy gums and teeth, and there are no wires, metal or brackets to cause mouth abrasions.
What is Invisalign Teen?
- Invisible way to straighten your teeth without braces.
- Series of clear, removable, custom-made aligners.
- Uses no metal wires or brackets.
- Custom-made for comfort.
How is Invisalign TEEN Different than Invisalign?
- Invisalign Teen is similar to Invisalign for adults with the exception of a few minor differences:
Colored Compliance Tabs – Invisalign Teen features a blue dot indicator on each aligner, which will fade away after two weeks of wear. This technology helps your orthodontist decide if movements are complete and ready for the next stage. It also reminds the patient to wear the aligner as often as recommended, as their doctors can tell if they haven’t been. Invisalign Teen is proven most effective when it is worn for 20-22 hours a day, and changed routinely every two weeks, or when the blue dot fades away.
- Replacement Aligners – Invisalign Teen comes with six replacement aligners, just in case the individual misplaces the original set.
- Eruption Tabs – Many teens still have teeth emerging from beneath their gum line. This is why there is additional space left in the aligners to make room for any adult teeth that might erupt, making Invisalign a treatment option for teens.
How Does Invisalign Teen Work?
- Wear each set of aligners for one to two weeks.
- Remove only to eat, drink, brush and floss.
- Your teeth will move gradually each week.
- Visit us every 6-12 weeks.
- Total treatment time averages 6-16 months.
What Conditions Does Invisalign Teen Treat?
By using its advanced technology, Invisalign Teen can treat a broad range of dental and orthodontic conditions, which, in the past, were usually treated with traditional braces. These conditions include:
- Overly crowded teeth
- Widely spaced teeth
“Hey TEENS! Need ideas of how to talk to your parents about Invisalign?”
10 Things FINAL